As I write this, it’s 5:30 P.M. in California on New Year’s Eve. The barrage of obligatory Happy New Year tweets have already taken over my twitter feed. I’ve been wanting to write out one of those long, only-sentimental-to-the-author type of reminiscent posts for weeks now, but couldn’t bring myself to it.
If I had written it, the post would talk about how 2015 was the year that my poor, boring life had many decently exciting changes. It would mention a whole heck of a lot of happiness that was brought into my life. But I didn’t write that post.
Mainly because I felt extremely lame every time I tried. So instead, I did what I normally do at any given opportunity: make a list. Here is a master post of the most recent lists I have on my phone. I hope you enjoy.
ARTISTS I’VE SEEN THIS YEAR:
- Adam Newman
- All Time Low * two times
- Anthony Jeselnik
- As It Is
- Bebe Rehxa
- Bo Burnham * two times
- Fifth Harmony
- Garfunkel and Oates
- Issues * two times
- Juliet Simms
- Miranda Sings (sorta)
- Moose Blood
- Nate Bargatze
- New Years Day
- Pvris * two times
- State Champs * two times
- Tonight Alive * two times
- Will and the People
- The Wombats
BOOKS TO BUY:
- Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl: A Memoir – Carrie Brownstein
- The Outsiders – S.E. Hinton
- Bossypants – Tina Fey
- How to Be Happy – Iain S. Thomas
- One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories – B.J. Novak
- The 7 Secrets of Awakening the Highly Effective Four-Hour Giant Today – Charlie, Mac, Dennis, Sweet Dee and Frank
- Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography – Neil Patrick Harris
- Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America – Leslie Knope
- The Phantom Tollbooth – Norton Juster
HOW TO BE HAPPY:
- Clean and feel clean (That includes showering often, which I do not)
- Have occasional alone time
- Eat more and healthier
- Look and feel nice (Wearing clothes that make me feel good about myself, along with doing my makeup, affects my mood 100%)
- Have playlists for every mood you could be in (i.e.: happy, dancey, songs that make me want to go running, songs that make me get off my ass and clean, etc.)
- Try to have the mindset of Jenny Slate
- Make lists
PICTURES FROM 2015 THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:
This is a picture my brother took of me on Easter, that I love for some reason.
Brooke took this picture of herself when I got my new phone.
A cutie patootie on the teacups at Disneyland.
Our Christmas tree this year, our first Christmas together.
A picture I took of Pvris, the same night Brooke and I amazingly didn’t get injured after being in a car accident.
These last two are just REALLY cute pictures.
So, that’s it. That’s my non-sappy New Year’s Eve post. I hope 2016 brings everyone a ton of happiness and adventure.
P.S. The quality of the pictures are awful, I know and I’m sorry! Also, if you enjoyed this post, I’ll be posting more pictures on Twitter (@spinelessback, yes I’m an emo kid) and Instagram (@ari.reed) AND more lists on B.J. Novak’s The List App (@arireed)! So much self promo!